Monday, June 9, 2014

Irked In So Many Levels

(Didn't know that this is allowed here, without restriction of any sort.  Thank God! because I just need to vent..)

Even without me being part of SSEAYP, which is so known to be very rule and time-bound (Japanese way is THE way!), I have been trained to be punctual and on time because my Dad (God bless him!) is stickler for being on the dot.  He didn't have any concept of being fashionably late.  When we had to go somewhere, we had to be dressed up promptly because once he was ready to leave, we'd have to go and leave.

That is why, punctuality is important to me.  It is a sign of respect not only to my own time but of others'.  This is why I'm terribly upset when people are late.  When people can't help to be late, for reasons due to work or some emergency they cannot control, a call or an SMS as to their whereabouts or ETA is much appreciated.  At least, I know that I need not wait forever.  There is no way that I am willing to wait for a lifetime.  Wala akong ganung pagpapanggap. Utang na loob.

Likewise, I never liked short notice of anything, especially in the workplace! like meetings or cancelled meetings.  It's wrong at two points:  It is devoid of foresight, and it spells discourtesy in capital, bold letters.  What I find distasteful is the utter disregard for others' time/schedule.  Unless you're my friend or the invite is for dinner or movie, hindi ako kaladkarin.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's one of my pet peeves as well. especially if they only tell you they're going to be late 15 minutes (or more) after you were supposed to meet. it's so rude.