Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Caravan of Beautiful People (Stop over : Danbury, Connecticut)

Cesz's self description does not include that she is a dear friend --- we started as orgmates back in UP Diliman, when we were both members of the Tong-Il Mo Do (a Martial Arts group), our reasons for joining might have been different then, for sure! Albeit the delayed blossoming of our friendship and the distance and time zones that separated us, Cesz has been someone I could talk to and share insights with [Thanks to YM!].  She has become one of my reliable support system, especially during those darkest and trying hours of my life.  [Thanks Cesz!] Her love story with Euge, another friend/orgmate, is truly inspirational and aspirational. 



Cecile Lopez-Abitang
1/3 of the Happy Trio (Cez + hubby Eugene + doggy kid Zack), queen of career reinvention (been a researcher, technical writer, editorial assistant, paralegal, proposal writer, marketing coordinator, and business development officer. currently doing freelance work and running our photography biz), blogger, photographer. 
 
Pie's Pretty Project

It was the 13th of April 2011. There I was quietly lurking around Facebook when I got an e-mail from Pie. She wanted me to participate in her blog project on beauty essentials. My immediate reaction? "Huh? what beauty essentials?" I already imagined my contribution will just be a paragraph long. At most 4 sentences. But it doesn't seem fair to give such a short account, so here goes...

I was never the kikay sort. As long as I'm bathed, brushed and combed, I'm a happy camper. 

Let's begin with how I start and end the day. I'm a Cetaphil gal through and through - I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for my face, Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar when I take a bath, and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion afterwards. As my dermatologist said, "moisturize, moisturize, moisturize". I apply moisturizing lotion right after bathing, and throughout the day.

Before a lovely bout of eczema last winter led me to become a Cetaphil baby, I washed my face with either Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser with Royal Jelly OR Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser with Orange Oil. I showered using Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Body Wash. Then eczema struck. I was told by my dermatologist - Cetaphil, that's all.  What else can I say, but "yes, ma'am!" *salutes*

We use The Natural Dentist for our toothpaste and mouthwash. Of all the green toothpastes out in the market, this is the one I stuck with, thanks to their Peppermint Twist flavor. 

As for hair care, I go for Organix. I love their Cherry Blossom Ginseng, Mandarin Olive Oil, and Pomegranate Green Tea shampoo and conditioner. I'm planning to try their Soft & Silky Vanilla Silk Collection soon. 

Hmmm...makeup. I rarely use make-up, unless it's a special occasion. Otherwise, I'd really rather not have them on. For my foundation, I alternate between Ecco Bella's Natural Foundation and Clinique's Superfit Makeup. I do love Ecco Bella because to my surprise, I can remove it with water! I also experimented with mascara than can be washed off with water. Bad idea! It rained...I got wet...goodbye mascara! I usually buy Clinique's Lash Doubling Mascara in black. One night, a mascara emergency + closed mall = buying the ever dependable Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. For my lipstick, I just have Clinique's Buttershine Lipstick in Cranberry Cream. I use Badger Cocoa Butter Lip Balm (Vanilla Bean) everyday. Finally, when it's time to remove makeup, I use Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover.

You know about "Human Nature"? Yeah, the one that comes from the Philippines? I absolutely LOVE their stuff. Last time I was in the Philippines back in 2009, I went to their store in Quezon City and went absolutely nuts buying. What's not to love? 100% no harmful chemicals, 100% Philippine made. I love their Mango Butter Nourishing Conditioner, Pearl Powder and Aloe Vera Strengthening Shampoo, Citrus Burst Spray Sanitizer, and Hand and Foot Salve (Eucalyptus, Carrot and Bee Propolis). Sadly, I ran out of them already, so no photos to share. : (

What else? I wish I can say I get enough sleep, but I really don't. Too bad since I LOVE to sleep. I wish I can say that I sleep early and wake up early. But THAT is an ongoing project of mine. I'm a night owl, trying to change my ways. 

And this is how I look...here I am with my husband and Zack. : )  
Thank you for this post, Cesz! *hugs*  I look forward to another Blog Project that I could do with you. Give my love to Euge, okay? Kisses to Zack too!

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

thanks for asking me to join your "caravan of beautiful people", Pie! oh, and keep the "Packets of Joy" going. It's a great idea too!